I have a habit lately. I get a great picture of food and post it to Instagram and say “blog post to follow!”
A blog post never follows.
Not today though. This one is too good not to share so I’m posting it while my belly is full, my mind is fresh, and my glass of rose is still cold.
The recipe makes two serving and each contains the following nutritional content. I share because I care. And because I entered it in MyFitnessPal in an effort to not undo deadly workouts with dinner.
Calories 390 | Fat 13g | Carbs 51g | Protein 15g
- 7 grams Cashews (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 oz Marinated Artichoke Hearts (about 3-5 sections)
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Cup Basil, loosely packed
- 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper, to taste
- 4 oz Pasta – I used Ancient Grains Gluten Free
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, use tender ends and soft stems only
- 3 oz Crumbled Feta
In a food processor or chopper, blend everything but the artichokes into a pesto, leaving some texture. Add Artichokes at the end to chop finely and set aside. If the pesto seems dry, add a splash of water.
Cook the pasta according to the package directions. When there’s about 5 minutes left, toss in your asparagus. You want it tender, not mushy!
Drain the pasta and asparagus, return to the burner (now off but still hot) and stir in your pesto. Sprinkle in the feta and stir in and it will gently melt into the pasta.