The way the morning light hits *just* right 💫
Yesterday ended on a dark note with the passing of RBG and I needed to find something bright this morning, and for me that usually takes its form in the kitchen. If you’re looking for a treat that won’t derail a week of diligence as emotions begin to outweigh self discipline, may I suggest the mini muffin? Only 35 calories a piece you can have a few with your coffee without calculating how many rage miles you need to run.
Me currently? I’ll be grief eating these most the day while researching ways to support the critical senate elections around the country. At least I can eat my feelings with tons of calcium.
Tag me on Instagram @thenaturalginger if you make these and let me know how it goes!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
1 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (I used Cup4Cup)
1/2 Cup Sugar
2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Large Egg
1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Almond Milk
• Preheat oven to 400 degrees
• Using two bowls, in one combine the pumpkin, egg, vanilla, and almond milk, and in the other sift together all remaining dry ingredients.
• Add the wet to dry and mix thoroughly.
• Line a mini muffin tin with non stick muffin liners or thoroughly grease for easy release.
• Add about batter to each cup to about 3/4 of the way full.
• Sprinkle with turbinado or raw sugar just before baking (optional).
• Bake 10-12 minutes.
• Cool. Enjoy.
I highly recommend spraying your muffin liners to avoid sticking. There’s very little fat in this recipe so they don’t release as well as a fatty version.
Regular flour and milk should convert just fine if you aren’t avoiding gluten or dairy but would change the nutrition.
If you’re avoiding dairy I recommend King Arthur, BetterBatter or Open Nature Gluten Free Flour Blends
2 Muffins: 70 Calories | 14.5g Carbs | .4g Fat | 1.2g Protein